The LMS currently supports use of the Saba Centra Virtual Classroom.
Posted by Latitude Learning Team 3/29/2012 2 Comments
You can test that your computer is able to run the client by opening this link to view requirements and test your browser.
- You must be set up to launch online courses as mentioned in this FAQ
- To use VOIP you should have a working microphone and speakers or headset
- Centra Client Quick Reference (pdf) provides information on how to participate in an online course session
Launching the Course
- Navigate to the course offering either from your homepage, if you are enrolled, or find the course in the catalog and enroll in it to get the Launch button to appear.
- Click the launch button to open the online session
- When the session is completed, click the button on the course page to refresh it with the current course status
- Note that you will not get full credit until the instructor processes the roster at the end of the offering, which may not be on the same day as the offering
Problems that may occur
- If your browser gets closed or your session gets dropped before the end of the session, you may relaunch the session from the offering page to pick it up in progress.
- Occasionally the Centra session may appear to hang or not respond, not allowing you to click on anything in the Centra window. If that happens, you might try closing all open windows in the browser and relaunching the course.
- You may only enroll in a Virtual Classroom course until the first session starts, so if you are planning on attending a free session, please enroll first so that you can launch it when the session is active.
Latitude Learning Team
Virutal Classrooms are a webinar tool built into the LMS. Virtual Classrooms allow Instructors to deliver and learner to launch webinar-based instructor-led training directly from the LMS. LMS administrators and instructors use the Virtual Classroom feature to deliver instructor-led training to learners that are spread out over a large geography.
Not sure if I understand the point of this online class stuff... Does anyone actually use this?