Posted by Latitude Learning Team 12/5/2011 2 Comments
Each LMS portal on LatitudeLearning.com comes with a ready set of system-facilitated messages, as well as tools for managing more ad-hoc announcements. The availability of these messaging tools is somewhat dependent upon both setup of your LMS portal (e.g. the types of courses you make available in the catalog - e-Learning, ILT, Self-Study), as well as any add-on capabilities that may be in place (e.g. Certification Management, Assessment Management, eCommerce). Here is an overview of ready capabilities:
System Generated Messaging
The following is the core set system-facilitated notifications based on various user transactions or training event transactions in the LMS:
- Course Registration - Initial Registration Verification; Pending Registration; Wait List; Cancellation Verification; Approved Registration; Rejected Registration; Automatic Re-Registration; Manager Cancelled Enrollment
- Course Prerequisite and Equivalency - Equivalency Expiration; Credit Expiration
- Roster Messaging - Instructor Notification; Space Availability Notice; Scheduled Training Reminder; Batch Cancellation; Record Attendance Reminder
- Interest List Processing (Auto-Enrollment) - Interest Requested; Approved; Denied; Removed; Availability Notice; Conflict Notice; Course Offering Announcement
- User / Profile Messaging - Update eMail; Credentials - Name and Password
- Post-Test Required
Supplementing the automated training event notifications mentioned above, instructors and administrators also have access to messaging tools that work to target students (and instructors) tied to specific instructor-led course offerings in the LMS. This functionality is available from the 'Messages' tab for any scheduled course offering that has been created, and includes the ability to generate the following:
- Reminder Message - Once enabled for a scheduled offering, instructors or administrators can create a free form Note, then schedule the number of 'Days Before Start Date to Send' the message; this includes the ability to define multiple reminder messages by simply entering commas between the number of days (e.g. 30, 10, 5, 3). The robust LMS messaging service will utilize these settings to generate both email and on-page messages to the targeted roster recipients, including the instructor if selected.
- Roster Announcement - In addition to scheduled reminder messages, authorized instructors and administrators can utilize the Roster Announcement feature to generate a one-off, ad-hoc message to individuals tied to the offering roster. Here a free-form subject and note can be entered, which will be delivered via email and on-page messaging services upon submission.
In addition to all of the system-facilitated and roster-based messaging options available, the LMS also provides authorized portal administrators with the ability to generate more ad-hoc messages utilizing a wide range of filter options. This functionality is available from the left navigation area under 'Announcements'. From here, administrators can target a subset of LMS portal users by selecting one or more of the following criteria:
- UserName - Target a specific user by his/her LMS account ID
- Name - Target user(s) by last name or first name
- Location (or other Organization Unit) - Target all users tied to a specific client or agency/branch/plant location
- Position - Target users tied to a specific position in the LMS (e.g. all Sales Managers)
- Role - Target users with specific access rights in the LMS (e.g. all Instructors)
- User Group - Target users who have been assigned to an ad-hoc User Group in the LMS (TIP: User Groups offer administrators a flexible way to group individuals across positions, roles, or organizations...This is accomplished by creating a new User Group using the tools available from the left menu, then searching for the targeted users and assigning them to the new group by clicking on the User Groups tab under each user profile. In essence, this creates an ongoing distribution list of this ad-hoc grouping, which can be used for messaging as well as course pre-requisites assignment.)
Latitude Learning Team
Hello Farah, and thank you for your interest in LatitudeLearning LMS. This is a new feature that is just being released...We will have additional instructional information posted shortly. In the meantime, please contact our support desk at Support@LatitudeLearning.com to discuss the specific emails and targeted changes for your portal.
How do you edit the system emails?