Portal Administrators can use the Announcements feature, located at the top of their left navigation menu, as a platform to write custom announcements, promotions, or ad hoc training notifications to LMS users system-wide. The search function built into Announcements operates with the same robust capability as the new Advanced User Search and now has NO LIMIT to the number of recipients.
1. Enter a Subject and Note to create your custom email and/or Message Center notification.
2. Conduct a user search to build the recipient list. Select a combination of Criteria, Comparisons, Values, and Operands in order to define a specific LMS population for this message. Or leave the default "User Status Is Active" query to target all LMS users.
3. Click Submit and Continue to execute the search. Administrators will have an opportunity to review and edit the results list before sending the message.
The example below shows a search for users who (1) are Active in the portal, (2) have a Position that is Computer Sales, and (3) are in the Organization Hierarchy of Midwest Electronics Ohio, which is a Division in this portal.
While Search results are display only, users can be added or removed from the recipient list by expanding the section and refining your Criteria or Search Pattern. Follow this link for further instructions: Advanced User Search .
4. If necessary, use the drop-down Language menu to provide translated messages for users with a Preferred Language other than English.
5. When you are ready to trigger the announcement to listed users, click Send.