Coordinate Training Schedules with User Substitution
Sarah Robinson | Posted Monday, September 14, 2020 |
Location managers and administrators can now use the Substitute Student tool to swap a seat reservation in an instructor-led training event. Once a person is enrolled in a classroom Course Offering, their seat is reserved for a scheduled date/time session. If for some reason that person is unable to attend, their manager can now open My Team or Course Offerings to "substitute" another team member into the class roster.
User substitution will both Cancel the enrolled student from the roster, and Enroll your selected student in the offering. This is a great option for organizations that pay for training, or enroll employees in high-demand classes and want to avoid waitlists.
Open the My Team feature and find the person who is scheduled for a training event that they can no longer attend.
- Click the User icon to expand details.
- Then drill into their list of Courses To Complete .
- Click the Substitute Student button to open this roster management tool.
Administrators responsible for managing rosters may prefer to open the Course Offerings feature and search by session.
- Search by Offering Number or Start/End Dates.
- From the results list, click Enroll Others.
- Navigate to the Substitute Students tab.
All three roster management tools will provide user lists scoped to your team -- whether you are trying to Enroll Others, Cancel Students, or Substitute Students in the offering.
- Enter the new student’s Username or use the Select Student picker for each student to be substituted.
- Click Submit and Continue to proceed.
- New student must be eligible to enroll in the selected offering. See the "Eligibility" column for confirmation or conflicts.
- Click Submit to complete the process.
Message banner will confirm that your substitution was successful. User list will display each person's updated transcript status.
Allow Location Manager Substitution
Portal Administrators can make this tool available to their Location Managers and Administrators from the Site Management > LMS Information page, in the "LMS Configuration" section. Simply check the box to Allow Location Manager Substitution then click Submit.
Start the discussion