The document about building an LMS Organization Structure demonstrates how the Latitude Learning LMS was architected to adapt to your business and training needs. Facilities are established as part of your Training Structure to define where physical and virtual instructor-led training events are conducted. You can assign rooms and equipment to facilities, which are then reserved when a classroom course is scheduled.
This document provides an overview and how-to instructions on the following topics:
- Add a Facility
- Search / Edit Facilities
- Add / Edit a Room
- Add / Edit Equipment
Only Portal Administrators and Instructors have access rights to search for, edit and add Facilities. Training facilities, and their associated resources, are maintained using the four options under “Facilities” in the left navigation menu.
Add a Facility
To create a new Facility, from the left navigation menu, select Facilities => Add Facility and complete the form. The guide below describes the required (*) and optional fields.
- Language: Select the language in which courses will be taught at that location. Note: You may add multiple languages (one at a time) by editing the facility, selecting a different language, and resubmitting information in that language. An English version is required before additional languages may be saved.
- Owner Organization: Facilities are tied to Locales in the LMS Training Structure. Select the Business Unit to which the associated Locale is already assigned. You can share one facility with multiple Business Units.
- Code: Unique code that will identify the facility.
- Name: Determines how the facility will be listed in your LMS. Also provides keywords for search options.
- Description: Provide context information and additional keywords for search options.
- Facility Type: Select the best option from the drop-down menu, and identify if the facility is a Fixed or Mobile site.
- Time Zone: Select the timezone in which the facility operates. Note: Classroom course Offering times are based on the timezone registered to the Facility in which the course is being held.
- Phone and Fax information is optional.
- Locales: Assign the Facility to a Locale in your training structure. You can add more than one Locale, if the facility services an entire training region. One facility must be the dedicated “Home Locale,” which represents the physical location in which classroom courses are held.
- Mailing Address information is optional.
- Physical Address: This field is required, and allows you to provide students Directions to the site as well as Contact information.
- Start Date: Enter the date that the Facility will become active and available for scheduling.
- End Date: Entering a date before today’s date will render the Facility inactive, making it unavailable for scheduling. Both Administrators and Instructors can still search for and edit inactive facilities. Facilities can be reactivated at any time by extending the end date to the future or removing it from the record.
To find and edit existing Facilities and related rooms or equipment, from the left navigation menu, select Facilities => Search Facilities. Select the facility you would like to update by clicking on its Name or the View/Edit link.
Search and Edit Facilities
The search results page also provides a link to display the facility address in Google Maps, assuming the Physical Address of your facility is recognized.
The Facility Details page includes two read-only tabs (Summary and Schedule), and three editable tabs that allow you to manage:
- General Information – All fields listed in setup instructions above.
- Rooms – Classroom assignments.
- Equipment – Available equipment lists by facility (computers, tools, etc.).
Room and equipment records can also be added from the left navigation menu. Examples of these forms have been provided below.
Facilities => Add/Edit Room
Facilities => Add/Edit Equipment