At LatitudeLearning we greatly value the feedback of our customers and partners...And we work to address your input and enhancement requests as part of our ongoing relationship. Recently, the LatitudeLearning Support Team incorporated the following update as part of our Fall 2011 Enhancements bundle:
As part of the overall Fall enhancements bundle, the LatitudeLearning team has dramatically expanded the management of both credit card and direct bill payment options within the LMS. With these recent enhancements, administrators and students can now benefit from the following key capabilities:
- e-Commerce across all course delivery types - In addition to self-paced e-learning courses (both pre-approved and manager approved) that are hosted and deployed on the LMS, administators can also utilize the flexible payment options across the full blend of delivery options, which may also include instructor-led (classroom and virtual classroom), assessments and other self-studies. Administrators can use tools to serve up free (zero cost) learning options, as well as offer payment via credit card, or even allow the user to define a billing code or purchase order during the registration and payment process.
- Define payment method by location (client) - With e-commerce enabled, portal administrators can now define which payment method(s) will be available for users tied to a particular location organization in the LMS. For example, this means a portal administrator can now setup one location that serves up only free (zero cost) content to its student-users...While another portal serves up for-fee content available by credit card payment for its partners...While yet another provides a blend of credit card and direct bill payment options to its internal employee-users. Combine this with new Self-Registration enhancements, and open up your content to public-facing users who can self-register to a guest location on your LMS portal. This functionality is available by editing an existing location organization in the LMS.
- Self-service administration of PayPal merchant information - With e-commerce enabled, portal administrators can now manage (and even setup) their own PayPal-based merchant account information and credentials. Additional instructions are also provided to help guide the administrator through the setup and ongoing management process. This functionality is available via Site Management and under the LMS Information option.
- Batch e-commerce transaction processing - Recent enhancements to e-commerce now allows authorized managers and administrators to bundle multiple enrollment transactions under a single transaction ID. This is made possible by enabling e-commerce as part of the existing batch 'Enroll Others' option, as well as when approving pending enrollments in the LMS. This infromation is tracked by the LMS (and PayPal as appropriate) for ongoing reporting.
- Enhanced Credit Card and Direct Bill reporting - To compliment the recent functional updates, the LatitudeLearning team has also incorporated two new standard reports, including a Payment by Credit Card Report, as well as a Payment by Direct Bill Report, both available under the existing 'Reports' area.
Thank you again for your ongoing interest and input to improve the capabilities of LatitudeLearning LMS. For additional assistance, feel free to contact our team directly at Support@LatitudeLearning.com.