ENHANCEMENT: New Course Search
Sarah Robinson | Posted Tuesday, June 16, 2020 |
LMS Support Document
LatitudeLearning released a new Course Search tool on June 21, 2020, improving course filter and display options while maintaining your enrollment workflows. We have engineered a fresh user experience for students seeking to enroll themselves in training opportunities, and for managers looking to enroll others.
Access this new page from yourNavigation page by clicking the Course Search icon, or from the header “Course Search” shortcut.
No changes were made to the “My Learning Center” left navigation menu. LMS administrators should continue to search and manage course records from the Administration page, as they do today.
Find a Course
From the LMS Navigation page, click the Course Search icon, or use the header “Course Search” field to see all courses in your catalog.
Page through course results, change your preferred Items per page, or Sort by something other than the default "code". Buttons in upper right corner of the page allow you to toggle between course Tile View or List View.
See an example of List View below, with default sort and items per page options.
If you have a course in mind, search by keyword.
- Enter all or part of a course Code, Title, Description, or Notes
- Hit Enter key or click search button.
- To continue refining results, search different keywords or apply filters.
In this example, searching "transmission" returned six results. List was then sorted by "type", grouping the Classroom courses at top, followed by eLearning courses below.
Click the Filter button to open your filter options menu. Explore filters that help you refine the list of courses in view.
This new filter menu is dynamic, providing options based on the set of course search results. Like many responsive menus, it is designed to display only applicable filters. So if you are looking at your entire course catalog, you may see more filter options available than you do after executing a keyword search.
- Browse by Topics
- Click filter headers to expand all options.
- Select one or more filters, then click Apply. The menu will close, showing filtered results.
- Click the Filter button to reopen the menu. Applied filters display at top of menu, for user reference.
- Remove individual filters by clicking the "x" in applied filter section, or by deselecting the filter in menu.
- Reset filters to clear all selections.
Click a course image to view details about the course and your current enrollment status.
- Status, Code, Type, Duration, and Tuition fields are spotlighted at the top of course details.
- Course description displays as provided.
- Users who are scheduled to attend an instructor-led training course will see their Offering information, including Facility address and Meeting Times.
- Rules that restrict enrollment by Prerequisite, or that grant course credit by Equivalency are listed with user status. Met rules are marked with a green check.
- Course Groups list your component courses in a simple to-do list.
While the course card provides enrollment action options, Course Detail will provide your full set of action options, based on displayed status.
Here's an example of eLearning course details in Tile View, for user who is Not Enrolled.
Enroll, Launch, or Schedule Courses
Course enrollment buttons are standard for each course type and configuration setting. They have been categorized and described by name below.
Self-Paced Learning: eLearning, Self-Study, Assessment, Course Group
- Launch course content in a new tab or window.
- Enroll in courses with multiple lesson requirements.
Instructor-Led Training: Classroom, Virtual Classroom
- Schedule your next training session from the list of course offerings.
- Add Interest in a course, so you can enroll at a later date.
Course action buttons in Detail expando display to each user based on their individual training status. Intuitive logic compares a user's most recent training history -- including enrollment and interest transcripts -- against course enrollment settings, to determine which action buttons provide the appropriate next step. Learn more here:
New Course Action Buttons
Training managers and administrators are able to enroll others in courses, helping to develop employee training plans and track team progress. Use the new Course Search tool to quickly find a course, then expand the details to find additional action buttons:
- Enroll Others in self-paced coursework.
- Schedule Others for a live training session.
Start the discussion
Get hot training topics, LatitudeLearning news & updates and helpful resources delivered right to your inbox.
What is the reason for alerting the moderators about this comment?