We've released several new LMS features, including additional advanced configuration options and sleek new pages. These product enhancements went live on Sunday, January 7. Learn more about these updates below!
New Responsive pages
LatitudeLearning continues to build our new user interface (New UI) with simple navigation and responsive design. Open the Navigation page and click the corresponding icon to see two pages upgraded from the Legacy platform to the New UI.
This page allows Portal Administrators to present custom content to their end users, including content tailored by Organization and Position Branding tools. The "What's New" page will display the exact same HTML Content File you have designed for users' Classic Home page. Make it your new login landing page to provide a fresh, informative, fun first impression!
This page reflects the same access to system notifications and announcements in the new UI as that found in the Classic Home page "Mail Center". We've built the Navigation page to display total message count on the "Messages" icon, which when selected, opens a new dynamic platform for viewing and managing both automated messages and administrator announcements.
LMS Configuration settings
Portal Administrators will find several new settings on the Site Management > LMS Information page, which provide them the power to build a custom learning experience.
Login Landing Page
We have enhanced the LMS Configuration > Login Landing Page setting with two new options: Courses To Complete and What's New. As mentioned above, administrators can now utilize the "What's New" page as a splash page to promote new course content, training news, or inform their users of about the LMS and how to navigate the new user interface.
Customize the LMS with branded content, color, and style using HTML, CSS files, and images. Then design a custom user experience for each of the six Language Packs listed below.
- Language: English, Chinese, Español – México, Français – Canada, Italian, Portuguese – Brazil
- What’s New Content: Select the HTML Content File that displays on “Classic Home” and “What’s New” pages.
- Left Navigation Content: Select the HTML Content File that displays in “Quick Links” menu.
- Login Page Content: Select the HTML Content File that displays next to LMS Login widget.
- Registration Page Content: Select the HTML Content File that displays at top of the user Self Registration page.
- Stylesheet: Use cascading stylesheet files (*.css) to control the overall look and feel of your LMS.
- Header Logo: Select the file name of image you want to make the Header Logo.
NOTE: Applying <<None>> options will display default English content and styles.
In order to see branded public pages -- Login Page and Registration Page -- administrators must click the Copy Page URL link and provide that link to end users.
New Baseline Stylesheet Helps Unify Legacy and New LMS Platforms
In an effort to bring a more unified look and feel between the Legacy and New LMS platforms, we have implemented a baseline stylesheet.css with updated LatitudeLearning design. If you are interested in refreshing your LMS experience with a cleaner, sleeker style, please follow instructions below.
If you have already customized your UI with company branding, note that many of your styling elements are now reflected in the New UI Header and pages: Navigation, Courses to Complete, Messages, and What's New. Part of this effort included the removal of the Classic User Search option. You can learn more about using Advanced User Search HERE. As we continue to build out the new platform, this baseline stylesheet will give you the power to customize both Legacy and New UI elements with a single update to your CSS file.
New to LatitudeLearning? Getting started in an updated portal is easy. Simply sign up for a free LMS portal. Follow the instructions prompted through your email once you submit your form. When you have completed all instructions and your portal has been created, log-in and you will be greeted with the updated styling.
Have an existing LatitudeLearning portal? Follow these steps:
- Log into your portal.
- Travel to Site Management > Edit Stylesheets
- In the Stylesheet File field select Stylesheet. Note: the stylesheet that populates in the Stylesheet field after making this selection is the current stylesheet your LatitudeLearning portal is using. We strongly recommend you save a copy of this code. Once you replace your LMS stylesheet, you will not be able to recover this code.
- Select and delete all file content, then click Submit. Clear your browser cache and cookies to experience a fresh LMS!