The Latitude Learning Team announces the latest release of the Latitude Learning LMS. This release (version 184.108.40.206636) was promoted to production on Sunday, September 23, 2012 and included the following updates and enhancements...
New Welcome Area - Latitude is pleased to announce a new Welcome Area for newly created LMS portals. The welcome area now provides links to instructional videos covering the following topics:
- How to add users - Learn how to begin building your community of users in the LMS.
- How to add courses - Create and manage your course catalog.
- How to enroll yourself and others in courses - Learn how to enroll and launch into e-learning courses, as well as use batch 'Enroll Others' administrative options.
- How to report on course enrollments - Understand consumption of course content and assess the health of your training programs using existing LMS reporting.
- How to personalize your LMS - Customize the look and feel of your LMS by managing the image collection and style sheet, as well as the custom content areas using the editors provided.
New Upgrade My LMS Option: Message Editor - Latitude is pleased to announce a new selection on the Upgrade My LMS form that allows new and existing LMS portal administrators to indicate their interest in the recently released message administration functionality. The Message Editor functionality allows portal administrators to further personalize the set default system messages to meet their business and program needs.
Search Offering Header and Footer Not Stretching Full Width - This update addresses a reported issue where the header and footer were not properly styled for certain browsers or versions. Adjustments were made to page formatting.
Course Deployment Emails Not Being Sent – This update addresses a reported issue where Course Deployment Manifest emails were not being sent due to the fact that the course name included an “&”. Enhancements were made to further accommodate special characters.
Course Completion Coming Due Emails - This update addresses a reported issue where parameters such as Course Code, and Course Name were not being included in emails. Adjustments were made to these existing communications.
Virtual Classroom (Centra) Error When Adding Offerings with Special Characters – This update addresses a reported issue where administrators and instructors received an error message when they attempted to add a virtual classroom offering and the Course Code contained one or more of the following characters ‘#"\/:*?<>|;^’. With this update, the LMS will properly handle these characters if they are present in the Course Code.
Thank you again for your valuable feedback and input into ongoing enhancements to the LMS. For additional information regarding these and other capabilities, please contact the Latitude Learning Support Team at Support@LatitudeLearning.com .