LMS Roadmap: Report Scheduling & Minor Enhancements
Brooke Oprsal | Posted Tuesday, May 22, 2018 |
Hello from Latitude R&D! This is Brooke Oprsal with a monthly update on some of our activities regarding the LatitudeLearning LMS product.
Recent Product Enhancement - Minor Enhancements
The next release will be on 5/29, after the Memorial Day holiday. Included in that release, will be Report Scheduling and more minor enhancements.
Reports will be able to be scheduled to run daily, weekly, monthly or on demand, and shared to other roles. As you can see in the picture below, there is a new tab, called Scheduled Reports, in which you can view the reports that are scheduled. A new Schedule icon has been added as well. Click this icon in order to set up your report schedule.
The new Schedule page, will allow Portal Admins to set up the frequency, and filters for the report. The report schedule will be shared with all roles that the report is currently shared with.
There will also be more Minor Enhancements in the 5/29 Release:
- Playing MP4 resources – an MP4 video can now be added as a resource, and start streaming as soon as the Launch button is pressed.
- User must change password on next login – Checking a box when resetting a user’s password, can lead to the user being prompted to change their password on next login.
- Enhance Add Course to add a new delivery method – Self-Study:
- 3 new icons have been added to the Navigator Portal:
- Add Chat Icon to the Navigator Portal – takes you to the chat window
- Add Support Icon to the Navigator Portal – takes you to the Support Page
- Add Customer portal icon to the Navigator Portal – Takes you to the Customer Portal
- The Audience Name character limit has been expanded to 255
- The Courses to Complete tab always displays the launch button for self-paced course types, if there is content available (self-study, eLearning, Assessment)
- The required tab on Courses to Complete displays the accurate status
We’re very excited about all of the improvements we’re making to the LMS, to improve your overall experience!
Auto-Assign Goals - Reengineering the Goal Transitions to an Automated Goal Assignment functionality so that administrators can easily see all the automated goals assignments. Also, modify the current assignments so it is made by Audience (which is a construct currently in development) rather than the current Training Program, Position Group, Certification/Curriculum. Finally, enable administrators to specify when the automated goal assignment is run (daily, weekly, monthly, annually).
Favorite Tools - Administrators will be able to select and save their "Favorite Tools" on the Administrator page.
There are currently 70+ proposed enhancements currently on the list. You can visit the Proposed Enhancement Page here and vote for your favorite to get it moved up the list!
In 2018 we plan to implement Course Goals, add a new Assessment type to the reporting engine, associate assessment survey and test with a course, and revamp the My People page in the new UI. There are also several minor enhancements we will be adding throughout the year. We’re very excited about our 2018 roadmap!
About LMS Roadmap Series
This monthly series will keep you informed on improvements and future enhancements that will make your LMS experience even more powerful.
Latitude CG, home of LatitudeLearning, the channel LMS and base to LatitudeConnect the software that drives channel performance. Over 3 million people across 10,000 organizations have used LatitudeLearning to manage training.
Start the discussion
Get hot training topics, LatitudeLearning news & updates and helpful resources delivered right to your inbox.
What is the reason for alerting the moderators about this comment?