My Team Certifications Page
Sarah Robinson | Thursday, August 22, 2019
Managers and administrators who use the My Team tool to view user status and manage training goals can now utilize a new Team Certifications page to help track team progress. A bar graph at top of page summarizes the number of people that have achieved each certification objective, providing a quick overview of team strengths and knowledge gaps. Results table provides the detailed list of users who are certified, who is working toward their compliance goals, and shortcuts for assigning new goals.
A horizontal bar graph displays the total number of users (x axis) that have achieved each certification (y axis) in results table.
In all My Team tools, the Filter component allows you to control the user population in view. Remove default criteria by selecting "None", or refine results by user and certification attributes. Then click Apply Filter to refresh certification results list and corresponding graph.
Each certification is listed by Name and Program Year, providing user counts and a shortcut to the goal assignment wizard.
Click the Status icon to expand a detailed user list, complete with Certification Progress bars and status drill down options.
- Goals column displays the number of employees who have been assigned that certification as a goal
- Achieved column counts number of certified users on the team
- [+Goals] button will open the Assign Goals wizard, with Certification pre-selected on the "Training Goal" step
Calculating Certification Progress
Each user's Certification Progress bar displays percent complete according to the number of rules they have met out of total rules required. User activity triggers this algorithm to recalculate, then store results in a database table. By loading pre-calculated data, managers can see user status updates in near-real time.
The goal here is to show continual progress as a user meets each rule requirement, always reflecting their highest achievements within the rule set. Ignore requirements for which user meets "Not" or "Exempt" rules. Start from the bottom and work up the rule chain to determine progress based on rule type: Generic Rule average --> Primary Rule average --> Certification percent complete
Calculate percent complete for Generic Rules based on type:
- Completion – Number of requirements met/total number
- Elective –
• Number of Requirements Completed: Number of requirements met/X
• Credits Passed: Number of course credits met/Y
- Department Objective – Do NOT calculate percentage complete, credit is all or nothing (0 or 1) at this level.
• Count: Number met/Z
- Individual Performance – Do NOT calculate percentage complete, credit is all or nothing (0 or 1) at this level.
- Location Performance – Do NOT calculate percentage complete, credit is all or nothing (0 or 1) at this level.
- Top Performance – Do NOT calculate percentage complete, credit is all or nothing (0 or 1) at this level.
Each Primary Rule is weighted based on its Generic Rule requirements.
- One Of: Calculate the percent complete of all Generic Rules, roll up the highest
- All Of: Count all requirements, then calculate number met/total to get percent complete
Once a user has met all rules, or has otherwise acquired an achieved certification transcript, their progress bar will display "100%" complete.
User Status Details
Clicking a user's Certification Progress bar will open their individual Certification Status page in modal. This page displays all rules with status Achieved/Not Achieved, plus course lists with enrollment status details. Managers are provided legacy enrollment and add interest options by clicking on a linked Course Name. Close the modal window to return to your Team Certifications view.
Which LMS solution is right for my organization?
Our decision tree infographic will help by matching your training program needs to LMS functionality.
Find My Perfect LMS
Get Great Content Like This Straight To Your Inbox
What is the reason for alerting the moderators about this comment?