Latitude has released a new "Skills" tool into the LMS product, replacing legacy pages that utilized Adobe Flash Player to display certification requirements. As Adobe plans to end support of Flash Player on December 31, 2020, Latitude was proactive in replacing affected legacy pages My Curriculum and Department Curriculum with new Skills and My Team Skills pages, respectively. These new pages were designed to preserve the core curriculum functionality our compliance-oriented clients love, while creating a better training experience for students and their managers.
Skills are competency-based learning programs, where a person's training history and job performance can certify their professional knowledge and abilities. Skill Profiles define, as a matrix, one or more areas of expertise (Skill Areas) and the varying levels of competency within those areas (Skill Levels). Open the Skills page to see your achievements in each Skill Profile, your next training goals, and the certification requirements for each skill level.
The My Team dashboard now offers a Team Skills page, where managers can easily assess team compliance, view their employee's detailed certification status, and assign new training goals. The Skill Profile matrix will display not only the number of certified employees in each Skill Area, but also who has been assigned goals for each Skill Level. Action buttons make quick work of managing employee goals, course interests, and enrollments.
By default, Team Skills will display a profile of certifications your team is eligible to achieve. Use drop-down filter menus to explore other learning paths.
- Program -- Certification programs are often categorized by year or type. Select a program to see its associated Skill Profiles.
- Position Group -- Position Groups determine who on your team is eligible to certify in each Skill Profile. Select a group to view their compliance status.
- Skill Profile -- Select the matrix of skill areas and levels to display.
Click Filter to apply criteria that further refine Skill Profile data.
- Certification -- Simplify the skill matrix to display a single certification.
- Organization -- View the compliance status of a single organization, often a Location.
- Position -- Filter your view to a single Position Code within the eligible group.
- User -- Refine profile to display the achievements and goal counts for a single user.
The selected Skill Profile will display in table header, with Skill Areas listed as rows and Skill Levels designated by column. Cells are color coded to give managers a sense of team status and competencies at a glance. When at least one person in your team view has a certified Skill, the associated cell will display green and include an Achieved Certification Counter. White cells represent skill gaps.
Managers can click a Skill Area name to find the number of users who have a Goal Assignment at each level. By comparing these data points – Assigned and Achieved – they can identify not only certified skill gaps, but where to assign new goals as well.
- Assigned = Number of certified users
- Achieved = Number of assigned goals
- Available = Certification opportunities
Team Status Detail
Click a cell to expand Team Status Detail, where you can manage goal assignments or drill into an individual's certification to take course-level action. This feature shows the team broken into three groups:
By comparing these user lists, managers can keep a good pulse on who is actively working toward certification, and which users may need new goals assigned. Use the buttons in Action column to add or remove assignments with a single click. Note that the "Achieved" user list does not offer goal management buttons.
- Achieved – People who have certified their skill
- Assigned – People who have been assigned a goal for the certification in view
- Not Assigned – All other users in filter criteria
Certification Status Details
Clicking a user's Certification Progress bar will open their individual status details. Learn how we calculate Certification Progress HERE.
Each Certification Rule is listed with requirement name, description, and their compliance status in section header. Collapse or expand rule sets to get a full picture of remaining to-do items.
- Met – Standards user has already "met" are collapsed by default and display a green check mark next to rule name.
- Not Met – Requirement detail is expanded by default, providing course list with action buttons.
Required Courses are color coded according to user's transcript status. Click the Course Type icon to view details, or click an Action button to manage their enrollment.
- Green = Completed training
Transcript Status: Attend (Pass), Attend No Bill (Pass)
- Yellow = Training in progress
Transcript Status: Scheduled, Launched, Attended (No-post test), Pending Manager Approval. Records in "Pending" status also display red exclamation icon.
- Blue = On Interest List
Transcript Status: On Interest List, Interest Pending. Records in "Pending" status also display red exclamation icon.
- Red = User has completed transcript, but was not granted course credit.
Transcript Status: Fail, Cancel, Incomplete, No Show, Ineligible
- White = Not enrolled, not on interest list.
Transcript Status: Not Enrolled, Waitlisted
Other rule types, including Certification completion and Performance metrics, will display as single line requirements with no actionable click. These will also be color coded according to user's current standing.
- Green = Met
- White = Not Met