Extra clicks. New windows and tabs popping up. They don't seem like a big deal, but any application is easier if you can get to the information you need and quickly move on with your work without a lot of extra navigation. That's why Latitude has developed a new way to view course and accreditation details directly from the pages you use most. On 11/14/2021, we released our new Course Details and Accreditation Details Slide-ins. These features are available on the responsive Student/Manager user interface in several places in which clicking the course or accreditation name or tile would normally redirect a user to the related legacy details page. They keep details and action buttons in one place so that students and managers have all the information and options they need in simple, friendly view!
You can learn more about using these Slide-in pages in this VIDEO .
These Student-facing pages use the Slide-ins:
They are available on these Manager-facing pages:
- My Learning
- My Goals
- Training History
- Skill Profile
- Courses to Complete
- Featured Courses
Below, you can get a quick peek at what these enhancements look like.
- My Team - People expanded user details: Employee Courses to Complete, Employee Goals, Employee Training History
- My Team - Goals
- My Team - Accreditations
- My Team - Skills
- My Team - Approvals
Course Details Slide-In
This replaces the legacy Course Details page with a right-hand slide-in containing all of the relevant action buttons and course details available based on the course delivery method, user enrollment status, and other factors. Action buttons are no longer available on the course list or tile view. Any click on a course list or tile entry will activate the slide-in.
Here's an example of the slide-in in use on the Courses to Complete page.
- Select the course from the list or tile view.
- View details about the course and see what the current enrollment is.
- Action buttons display based on course type and the user's current enrollment status and eligibility to enroll.
- To close any slide-in, click the Collapse arrow or simply click off the slide-in into another spot on the page.
When a user is on the Course Details Slide-in and selects Resources or Course Group Components, an additional slide-in appears to show the details and available actions for the Resource or Components lists. This example shows the new view of Course Group components from the Course Detail Slide-In for a Course Group.
- Select the course group from the list or tile view.
- On the Course Details slider, select View Components.
- Click on a component course to access the Course Details slide-in and related actions for the component.
Accreditation Details Slide-In
This replaces the legacy Accreditation Details page with a right-hand slide-in containing all of the relevant actions and details available based on the Accreditation type, evaluation type, user assignment status, completion progress, and other factors. When the Accreditation slide-in lists courses, selecting the course overlays the Course Details Slider, where action buttons relevant to the student's enrollment status are displayed.
Here's an example of the slide-in in use on the My Learning page after clicking an accreditation goal from the Goals channel.
- Select the accreditation from the list of items under My Training Plan.
- View details about the accreditation assigned.
- Review all the requirements of the accreditation with user status.
After this enhancement, Latitude will soon follow it up with another slide-in for Course Offering Details and a new responsive version of the Training Calendar. We'll let you know more about these exciting new options soon!