We've added some useful new features for portal administrators:
Learn more about these options below!
- User Group Import - for making easy, bulk additions to your User Group memberships
- New Support Icons - for portal administrators with paid subscriptions to the LMS, new icons to access our ClientCare team support materials, tickets, and chat from the Navigation Fly-in Menu.
User Group Import
User Groups allow portal administrators to organize students and managers into unique lists for the purpose of mass enrollment, announcement distribution, reporting, and more. To make it easier to manage user group membership, we're adding a User Group Import option to our portal administrators' toolkit.
The goal of the User Group Import process is to allow a portal administrator to assign membership in a user group using a bulk upload capability. They can upload a file using a the Import tab on the Edit User Group page after selecting how the file should be processed. The administrator will receive a message when the import is completed or if it fails.
Using the User Group Import Process
Building or adding to User Groups with the User Group Import process is very simple and like our other import processes, it involves a standard template formatted as a Comma Separated Value (CSV) file. Because this import is done from within the record of the target User Group, it is NOT included in the Administration > Imports menu. Just edit the User Group you want to update and import from there.
- Create the User Group import file: Create a CSV file to be imported to the group. If you click the Help icon while on the User Group - Import tab, you will find a template to download.
- Process the Import: From the User Group - Import page, select how the import affects the current user group membership
- Overwrite: Indicates the upload will completely overwrite the current list of group members with the newly imported list and end-date the user group on all profiles for those who are removed as a result.
- Update: Indicates the users in the import template will be added to the current list of group members and will activate the user group on their primary profile.
- After you click Process User Group Import to start the import, the page will refresh and indicate "Edit Successful". The logged-in portal administrator can then expect an email notification when the import is completed.
Two new system messages are included in this enhancement.
- User Group Import: Sent to the logged in portal administrator if the User Group import is successful.
- User Group Import Failure: Sent to the logged in portal administrator if the User Group import fails.
Learn more about how to use and maintain User Groups HERE.
New Support Icons on the Navigation Fly-In Menu
For customers with paid user- or enrollment-based subscriptions to our LMS, we have made some support options easier to access for those with the portal administrator role.
On the Navigation Fly-In menu, qualified portal administrators will find three new icons available by default: Chat Support, Customer Portal, and Support. Here's what that means for you.
- Chat Support: This link provides access to a chat widget where you can ask quick questions of our ClientCare Team. Chat is currently available between the hours of 9:00 am and 6:00 pm ET. If our agents are engaged with other customers, your submitted question will be noted as a missed chat and will become a support ticket for our team to address as soon as they are available. Chat is primarily designed for quick questions and those requiring more detailed review or technical team attention may be transformed quickly into a ticket for further assessment or assignment to a technical resource.
- Customer Portal: The customer portal is a window into our Zoho Help Desk application and is available by invitation to the managing portal administrators for paid subscribers. It provides access to submit requests and manage the support tickets submitted for your LMS. If you do not already have a Customer Portal account, you can email Support@LatitudeLearning.com to request "Latitude Self-Service Customer Portal" access.
- Support: This option is a quick link to our web-based support documentation and videos, a great place to look for do-it-yourself first line support and learning about the LMS.
For Managing Portal Administrators who have a number of additional users with a Portal Administrator role for whom they do not wish to allow the ability to manage tickets or contact Latitude directly, it is possible to hide one or more of these options from the Navigation Fly-In menu using the Site Management > Edit Navigation page. Access to Latitude ClientCare is still available by all the existing methods. Our ClientCare team is happy to help you define access to support in the manner that best meets your needs.