In November, Latitude released a new way of seeing Course and Accreditation details from various responsive user interface pages. These "slide-in" pages have made it easier to view the additional details you need without leaving the page you're already on. On January 23, Latitude released two related enhancements: A new, interactive Training Calendar and the Course Offering Details Slide-In Phase I. Initially, the Offering Details slide-in will be available only on the Training Calendar.
You can learn more about using these features in this VIDEO .
Here's a quick peek at these enhancements.
This new calendar replaces the legacy Training Calendar page throughout the LMS. For portals displaying the Training Calendar option from the Navigation menu, it will now redirect to this page. Portals which continue to use the Classic Home (Legacy User-Interface), the Courses > Training Calendar will also redirect to it. Here are the key elements of the new calendar:
- Keyword search for offerings.
- Filters to narrow down results by Scheduled Activities, Available to Me, and Instructional Language. By default, only offerings in which the user is enrolled will display. To see all offerings available, filter Available to Me with “Offered” selected. Scheduled Activities on the calendar are color-coded as defined in the filter list.
- Calendar/List View Toggle.
- Calendar View selection by Month, Week, and Day. More details about the offering will display on the Calendar view for Week and Day views.
- Color-coded entry shows an offering available for self-enrollment.
- Color-coded entry shows a Scheduled offering – one in which the logged in user is enrolled.
In addition, the new Training Calendar displays other dates relevant to the logged in user:
Depending on the type of entry, the appropriate details slide-in page are displayed: Course, Course Offering, or Accreditation.
- Due Dates for Courses, Course Goals, and Accreditation Goals Components
- Transcript Expiration Dates
- Scheduled Training based on user enrollments
- Teaching events scheduled for those assigned an Instructor role
There is also a new Training Calendar component available for display on the left side of the My Learning Page. It will be tied to the new Training Calendar page. If this calendar is displayed by your portal administrator, click on any date shown in the small month-based format to open that specific day in the new Training Calendar view.
Offering Details Slide-In
From the Training Calendar, click any entry representing an offering to display the Offering Details slide-in.
- Offering-based calendar entry, clicked to activate the slide-in.
- The status of the user with regard to the offering.
- Other key details about the offering, including date/time and facility address.
- Action buttons available are based on the user’s status and course/offering settings.
- Close the slide-in by clicking the arrow or simply click on another portion of the page.
In a future second phase, the offering details slide-in will be deployed to other responsive pages related to offerings.