< Back to support page
The Navigation menu editor allows Portal Administrators to control which feature icons are available on the LMS Navigation menu. Simply open Edit Navigation then drag-and-drop entries to manage the visibility and display order of icons on your Navigation menu. Hiding icons that don't support your training workflows is a great way to make the menu more intuitive for learners.
Learn more about the various icons by reviewing Navigation and the Student/Manager Interface. This document is useful for new customers and for long-term customers who are considering a transition to the responsive interface.
Changes made on this page will affect all users and it is not currently possible to customize the Navigation menu for specific roles or individuals, although the visibility of some displayed icons will still be restricted by a user's role and place in the managerial reporting hierarchy. For instance, users who do not have subordinates will not see My People or Approvals, even if they are enabled. Users who do not have roles that support Reports access will likewise be unable to see the Reports option.
- From the LMS header, select the Administration icon.
- On the Administration page left navigation menu, select Site Management > Edit Navigation.
- There are two columns on this page: Hidden Icons and Displayed Icons. By default, all icons are displayed. To hide or display an icon, drag and drop it into the appropriate column.
Note: Some icons, such as My People, Approvals, and Reports, remain available only users with sufficient rights even when selected to display. Hover over an icon to see a tool tip on its display behavior.
- To reorder the list, drag and drop a Displayed Icon into the desired position within the column.
- Click Save. The Displayed Icons will then appear on the Navigation menu in the order selected (left top to right bottom).
Dynamic Support Icons for Paid Subscribers
For portal administrator with paid user- or enrollment-based subscriptions to the LMS, there are three support-related icons available by default on the Navigation menu.
- Chat Support: This link provides access to a chat widget where you can ask quick questions of our ClientCare Team. Chat is currently available between the hours of 9:00 am and 6:00 pm ET. If our agents are engaged with other customers, your submitted question will be noted as a missed chat and will become a support ticket for our team to address as soon as they are available. Chat is primarily designed for quick questions and those requiring more detailed review or technical team attention may be transformed quickly into a ticket for further assessment or assignment to a technical resource.
- Customer Portal: The customer portal is a window into our Zoho Help Desk application and is available by invitation to the managing portal administrators for paid subscribers. It provides access to submit requests and manage the support tickets submitted for your LMS. If you do not already have a Customer Portal account, you can email Support@LatitudeLearning.com to request "Latitude Self-Service Customer Portal" access.
- Support: This option is a quick link to our web-based support documentation and videos, a great place to look for do-it-yourself first line support and learning about the LMS.
For Managing Portal Administrators who have a number of additional users with a Portal Administrator role for whom they do not wish to allow the ability to manage tickets or contact Latitude directly, it is possible to hide one or more of these options from the Navigation Fly-In menu using the Site Management > Edit Navigation
page. All of these options are available to subscribing portal administrators via other means and our ClientCare team is happy to help you define access to support in the manner that best meets your needs.