< Back to support page
The Navigation menu editor allows Portal Administrators to control which feature icons are available on the LMS Navigation menu. Simply open Edit Navigation then drag-and-drop entries to manage the visibility and display order of icons on your Navigation menu. Hiding icons that don't support your training workflows is a great way to make the menu more intuitive for learners.
Learn more about the various icons by reviewing Navigation and the Student/Manager Interface. This document is useful for new customers and for long-term customers who are considering a transition to the responsive interface.
Changes made on this page will affect all users and it is not currently possible to customize the Navigation menu for specific roles or individuals, although the visibility of some displayed icons will still be restricted by a user's role and place in the managerial reporting hierarchy. For instance, users who do not have subordinates will not see My People or Approvals, even if they are enabled. Users who do not have roles that support Reports access will likewise be unable to see the Reports option.
- From the LMS header, select the Administration icon.
- On the Administration page left navigation menu, select Site Management > Edit Navigation.
- There are two columns on this page: Hidden Icons and Displayed Icons. By default, all icons are displayed. To hide or display an icon, drag and drop it into the appropriate column.
Note: Some icons, such as My People, Approvals, and Reports, remain available only users with sufficient rights even when selected to display. Hover over an icon to see a tool tip on its display behavior.
- To reorder the list, drag and drop a Displayed Icon into the desired position within the column.
- Click Save. The Displayed Icons will then appear on the Navigation menu in the order selected (left top to right bottom).