LatitudeLearning provides Student-users the ability to search for and enroll in courses made available to them. LMS Instructors, Managers, and Administrators are provided the additional option to enroll others in courses, either in batches or by individual Username.
Note that this ability is scoped to the users’ profile assignments for Organization, Position and Role. For example, if you are a Location Administrator (Role), you will only be able to enroll students that are assigned a Position subordinate to your own, and who are tied to the Location (Organization) you manage. You can only enroll others into courses that have been shared to your Business Unit’s course catalog.
This document demonstrates how Instructors, Managers, and Administrators can best utilize the "Enroll Others" function within the LMS.
To add students from the interest list, click the Interest List link, select the desired filter criteria, and click Submit and Continue. Note that the search filters provide the reasons users would have added this course to their interest lists, so that you can select the scenarios in which you have the authority to override enrollment conflicts. Students without enrollment conflicts are always included in search results.
4. For both Quick Enroll options, the system checks each user’s eligibility to enroll, and will provide information about any enrollment conflicts.
5. In the Add column, check or uncheck the boxes to confirm which users you want to enroll. Click the Change Student? link to swap one student for another, or click Return to Add Students to make further revisions to the list. You can also click the + symbol next to a Student’s Name or Location Code to expand their position and location details.
6. Once you have finalized your selections, click Submit to complete the enrollment process. The system will notify you that the mass enrollment has been processed with an “Add Successful” message and updated student enrollment status.
The LMS will notify students of their course enrollment via email and under the “Mail Center” section of their homepage. The Offering in which they are enrolled will also display on their homepage, under the “Live Courses” section.
In response to client requirements for enrolling large groups of users, we have created an offline (asynchronous) batch processing option for enrolling large numbers of students. The batch process works by allowing the administrator to define targeted users via the Advance User Search tools, and then directing the system to handle enrollment conflicts.
1. On the Enroll Students tab, click the Batch Enroll link.
2. Select the appropriate Criteria, Comparison, and Search Values to define whom you want to enroll in the course, and click Preview Users at the bottom of the page.
3. On the Preview Users page, review the list of targeted enrollees. If they are correct, click Next: Conflict Management at the bottom of the page. If they are not correct, click Back to Filter to return to the audience criteria (filter) page.
4. When the Conflict Management page appears, decide how you want to mange potential enrollment conflicts for each user (“How do you want to handle any enrollment conflicts?”) and max seating limits for the class (“How do you want to handle enrollments beyond the seat limit of this offering?”). Once you have made the desired selections for conflict management, click Next: Review.
5. On the Review and Submit page, review your selections. If everything is set for the intended enrollees, click Enroll Users. Otherwise, you can click Back to Conflict Management to return to the conflict management page and change your selections for overrides.
6. Upon successful submit, a process confirmation message is displayed. You will be notified via email and/or the LMS Mail Center when the enrollments are complete.