LatitudeLearning provides students the ability to search for and enroll in courses made available to them. LMS Instructors, Managers, and Administrators are provided the additional option to enroll others in courses, either in batches or by individual Username.
Note that this ability is scoped to the users’ profile assignments for Organization, Position and Role. For example, if you are a Location Administrator (Role), you will only be able to enroll students that are assigned a Position subordinate to your own, and who are tied to the Location (Organization) you manage. You can only enroll others into courses that have been shared to your Business Unit’s course catalog.
This document demonstrates how Instructors, Managers, and Administrators can best utilize the "Enroll Others" function within the LMS.
The Enroll Others tab offers two options:
In response to client requirements for enrolling large groups of users, we have created an offline (asynchronous) batch processing option for enrolling large numbers of students. The batch process works by allowing the administrator to define targeted users via the Advance User Search tools and then directing the system to handle enrollment conflicts.
1. On the Enroll Others tab, click the Batch Enroll link.
2. Select the appropriate Criteria, Comparison, and Search Values to define whom you want to enroll in the course, and click Preview Users at the bottom of the page.
4. On the Preview Users page, review the list of targeted enrollees. If they are correct, click Next: Conflict Management at the bottom of the page. If they are not correct, click Back to Filter to return to the audience criteria (filter) page and refine your search.
5. When the Conflict Management page appears, decide how you want to mange potential enrollment conflicts for each user (“How do you want to handle any enrollment conflicts?”). Once you have made the desired selections for conflict management, click Next: Review.
6. On the Review and Submit page, review your selections. If everything is set for the intended enrollees, click Enroll Users. Otherwise, you can click Back to Conflict Management to return to the conflict management page and change your selections for overrides.
7. Upon successful submit, a processing confirmation message is displayed. You will be notified via email and/or LMS Mail Center when the enrollments are complete.