Client Case Studies
The Latitude Difference
Awards & Reviews
Advanced Administrator Training
Getting Started Guide
Technical and Training Resources
R & D
Enhancements In Development
Automated Goal Assignment
LatitudeLearning is an ideal solution for training environments that certify trainees. LatitudeLearning offers Certification and Curriculums that package training requirements into a program. When students complete the requirements, the system automatically processes their training and grants them Certification or Curriculum status.
To appreciate the concept of Certifications and Curriculums, it is helpful to have a basic understanding of a few concepts:
Certification and Curriculums
– These are sets of requirements bundled together that certify students who have specific position codes.
– Students with specific position codes are assigned to position groups, which are the groups required to complete the certification or curriculum goals.
Generic Rules and Primary Rules
– These are packaged into the Certification or Curriculum so that students can be assigned one or more requirements from the following rule types:
Multiple Generic rules are bundled into one primary rule. Multiple primary rules are bundled into a Certification or Curriculum.
– Many LatitudeLearning clients use programs to set up a common container for multiple Certifications or Curriculums that are time bound. For example, a training program may be for Model Year 2019 vehicles and the student must be certified in mechanical repairs for this model between November 2018 and November 2019. This time bound container is the program.
– These are the set of requirements a student needs to meet to fulfill a Certification or Curriculum. Goals are one of the six rule types described in Generic Rules/Primary Rules above. When a student visits their Goals tab on their home page and clicks View, the student will be able to view the Certification or Curriculum tab where the component requirements are listed. See screenshot below.
Automatic enrollment in a Certification or Curriculum occurs when the LMS Administrator sets up goal transitions. With automated goal transitions, a student who has a position code involved in the Certification or Curriculum will be enrolled in required training at the onset of a new program. If the program transitions from Model Year 2018 to Model Year 2019, for example, the student in the position code covered by the certification will be automatically enrolled in required coursework. Similarly, if someone acquires a new job code that is part of an existing Certification or Curriculum, the system will assign them new goals associated with these training packages. If a course in the Certification or Curriculum does not have a prerequisite or if the student has met the prerequisite, the student will be automatically enrolled in the course.
Automatic enrollment in courses via certification goal transitions can be used for:
New hires who are part of a position group that is contained in a Certification or Curriculum.
Employees who have completed the Certification or Curriculum requirements of a program and now need to complete the requirements for the next program (or Model Year as described in the earlier example).
Employees who are working through a series of Certifications. Some training situations require Certification completion to be a prerequisite of another Certification. When the student completes the primary Certification, goal transitions can automatically assign them subsequent certification goals. Some clients have used this method for manager training tracks.
With Automated Goal Assignment, students in the position codes assigned to a Certification or Curriculum will have ready-access to goals and required training on their home page. As they become certified, subsequent training that is part of a Certification/Curriculum will be automatically assigned. Certification or Curriculum goal transition is another way LatitudeLearning can get students in the right training tracks and even manage enrollments for you.