< Back to Support page
The responsive Training Calendar provides a flexible display of all date-related user events in a single view that is color-coded by event type. Users can display information in views that best suit their needs, including a toggle between Calendar and List views and the ability to select Day, Week, and Month calendar views.
When selecting a calendar item, the appropriate details slide-in page appears depending on whether the item is a course, an offering, or an accreditation. A training video for the Training Calendar is available HERE.
The Training Calendar is available from the Navigation Menu and My Learning page, if displayed by the portal administrator, and from the Classic Home left navigation menu under Courses.
Items it displays include the following and they are color-coded by type:
- The user's scheduled training, including Classroom Offerings and Virtual Classroom Offerings
- Due Dates for Courses in which the student is enrolled, in addition to assigned Course Goals and Accreditation Goals
- Transcript or Accreditation Expiration Dates
- Teaching assignments (for those with an Instructor role)
- Available offerings (not shown by default, but visible by filtering the calendar view)
Depending on the type of calendar entry, the appropriate details slide-in page will display: Course, Course Offering, or Accreditation. These slide-ns will contain the details related to the calendar item, the logged-in user's status, and relevant action buttons, if actions are available to the user.
Navigating and Filtering the Training Calendar
By default, the Training Calendar displays only items relevant to the logged-in user's training. The image below identifies the key options for navigating and filtering the page.
- Search: Use keywords, course names, and other text to find items anywhere in your calendar. Enter the text and click Search.
- Filter: Click to open filtering options on the left side of the page. (See 5, 6, 7, and 8 below)
- Calendar/List Toggle: Click to toggle between Calendar or List View views.
- Date Range: Enter a date range for viewing calendar entries and click Submit. This is only available in List view.
- Filter by Scheduled Activities: Select the types of calendar items you want to view. Note that the outline color of the checkbox acts as a key to the color-coding of the event bubbles on the calendar/list view.
- Filter by Available to Me: This option relates to offerings for which you are not enrolled. By default, available offerings are filtered by Hide All. To view offerings available to you based on your course catalog and offering distribution lists, select Offered. To view only offerings available to you within your Locale (your location's training organization) select Locale.
- Filter by Instructional Language: Select one or more languages to display offerings that have been specified as being available in the designated languages. The default is English.
- Apply/Reset: After selecting one or more filters, click Apply to execute the search. Click Reset to clear the selected filters.
Here are some key points about using the Calendar view.
- Upon first use of the calendar, the default is Calendar Month view. A toggle at the top let's you switch to Week or Day view.
- Week view has a weeklong navigation bar with arrows to move forward or backward one week.
- Day View has a navigation bar with arrows to move forward and backward one day.
- Click on any event bubble to open the appropriate details slider for more information and action buttons.
Here are some key points about using the List view. Items displayed use the same color coding as the Calendar view.
- When switching from Calendar to List view, the view will default to the last calendar dates used.
- The date range selection fields will display a mini-calendar from which you can navigate to and select the desired date.